Table of Contents
The gcf of 100 and 96 is the largest positive integer that divides the numbers 100 and 96 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the greatest common factor of 100 and 96. Here you can find the gcf of 100 and 96, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the GCF of 100 and 96
If you just want to know what is the greatest common factor of 100 and 96, it is 4. Usually, this is written as
The gcf of 100 and 96 can be obtained like this:
- The factors of 100 are 100, 50, 25, 20, 10, 5, 4, 2, 1.
- The factors of 96 are 96, 48, 32, 24, 16, 12, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- The common factors of 100 and 96 are 4, 2, 1, intersecting the two sets above.
- In the intersection factors of 100 ∩ factors of 96 the greatest element is 4.
- Therefore, the greatest common factor of 100 and 96 is 4.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common factors of 100 and 96, not just the greatest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the gcf of hundred and ninety-six by means of two more methods.
How to find the GCF of 100 and 96
The greatest common factor of 100 and 96 can be computed by using the least common multiple aka lcm of 100 and 96. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the gcf of 100 and 96 can be found using the prime factorization of 100 and 96:
- The prime factorization of 100 is: 2 x 2 x 5 x 5
- The prime factorization of 96 is: 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 3
- The prime factors and multiplicities 100 and 96 have in common are: 2 x 2
- 2 x 2 is the gcf of 100 and 96
- gcf(100,96) = 4
In any case, the easiest way to compute the gcf of two numbers like 100 and 96 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the gcf of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 100,96. The calculation is conducted automatically.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of GCF of 100 and 96
What is the greatest common factor of 100 and 96 used for? Answer: It is helpful for reducing fractions like 100 / 96. Just divide the nominator as well as the denominator by the gcf (100,96) to reduce the fraction to lowest terms.
Properties of GCF of 100 and 96
The most important properties of the gcf(100,96) are:
- Commutative property: gcf(100,96) = gcf(96,100)
- Associative property: gcf(100,96,n) = gcf(gcf(96,100),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the gcf of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the gcf of 100 and 96 is 4. In common notation: gcf (100,96) = 4.
If you have been searching for gcf 100 and 96 or gcf 100 96 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed gcf for 100 and 96 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the greatest common factor of many integer pairs including hundred / ninety-six by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the gcf of 100 and 96 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the greatest common factor of 100 and 96 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.