Table of Contents
The lcm of 100 and 92 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 100 and 92 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 100 and 92. Here you can find the lcm of 100 and 92, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 100 and 92
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 100 and 92, it is 2300. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 100 and 92 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 100 are … , 2200, 2300, 2400, ….
- The multiples of 92 are …, 2208, 2300, 2392, …
- The common multiples of 100 and 92 are n x 2300, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 100 ∩ multiples of 92 the least positive element is 2300.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 100 and 92 is 2300.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 100 and 92, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of hundred and ninety-two by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 100 and 92
The least common multiple of 100 and 92 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 100 and 92. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 100 and 92 can be found using the prime factorization of 100 and 92:
- The prime factorization of 100 is: 2 x 2 x 5 x 5
- The prime factorization of 92 is: 2 x 2 x 23
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(100,100) = 2300
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 100 and 92 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 100,92. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 100 and 92
What is the least common multiple of 100 and 92 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/100 and 1/92. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 23 and 25, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 2300, the lcm of 100 and 92.
Properties of LCM of 100 and 92
The most important properties of the lcm(100,92) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(100,92) = lcm(92,100)
- Associative property: lcm(100,92,n) = lcm(lcm(92,100),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 100 and 92 is 2300. In common notation: lcm (100,92) = 2300.
If you have been searching for lcm 100 and 92 or lcm 100 92 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 100 and 92 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including hundred / ninety-two by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 100 and 92 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 100 and 92 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.