The lcm of 28 and 62 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 28 and 62 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 28 and 62. Here you can find the lcm of 28 and 62, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 28 and 62
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 28 and 62, it is 868. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 28 and 62 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 28 are … , 840, 868, 896, ….
- The multiples of 62 are …, 806, 868, 930, …
- The common multiples of 28 and 62 are n x 868, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 28 ∩ multiples of 62 the least positive element is 868.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 28 and 62 is 868.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 28 and 62, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of twenty-eight and sixty-two by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 28 and 62
The least common multiple of 28 and 62 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 28 and 62. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 28 and 62 can be found using the prime factorization of 28 and 62:
- The prime factorization of 28 is: 2 x 2 x 7
- The prime factorization of 62 is: 2 x 31
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(28,28) = 868
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 28 and 62 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 28,62. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 28 and 62
What is the least common multiple of 28 and 62 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/28 and 1/62. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 31 and 14, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 868, the lcm of 28 and 62.
Properties of LCM of 28 and 62
The most important properties of the lcm(28,62) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(28,62) = lcm(62,28)
- Associative property: lcm(28,62,n) = lcm(lcm(62,28),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 28 and 62 is 868. In common notation: lcm (28,62) = 868.
If you have been searching for lcm 28 and 62 or lcm 28 62 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 28 and 62 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including twenty-eight / sixty-two by using the the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 28 and 62 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 28 and 62 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.