The lcm of 43 and 5 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 43 and 5 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 43 and 5. Here you can find the lcm of 43 and 5, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 43 and 5
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 43 and 5, it is 215. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 43 and 5 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 43 are … , 172, 215, 258, ….
- The multiples of 5 are …, 210, 215, 220, …
- The common multiples of 43 and 5 are n x 215, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 43 ∩ multiples of 5 the least positive element is 215.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 43 and 5 is 215.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 43 and 5, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of forty-three and five by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 43 and 5
The least common multiple of 43 and 5 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 43 and 5. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 43 and 5 can be found using the prime factorization of 43 and 5:
- The prime factorization of 43 is: 43
- The prime factorization of 5 is: 5
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(43,43) = 215
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 43 and 5 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 43,5. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 43 and 5
What is the least common multiple of 43 and 5 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/43 and 1/5. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 5 and 43, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 215, the lcm of 43 and 5.
Properties of LCM of 43 and 5
The most important properties of the lcm(43,5) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(43,5) = lcm(5,43)
- Associative property: lcm(43,5,n) = lcm(lcm(5,43),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 43 and 5 is 215. In common notation: lcm (43,5) = 215.
If you have been searching for lcm 43 and 5 or lcm 43 5 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 43 and 5 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including forty-three / five by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 43 and 5 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 43 and 5 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.