The lcm of 66 and 81 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 66 and 81 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 66 and 81. Here you can find the lcm of 66 and 81, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 66 and 81
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 66 and 81, it is 1782. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 66 and 81 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 66 are … , 1716, 1782, 1848, ….
- The multiples of 81 are …, 1701, 1782, 1863, …
- The common multiples of 66 and 81 are n x 1782, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 66 ∩ multiples of 81 the least positive element is 1782.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 66 and 81 is 1782.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 66 and 81, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of sixty-six and eighty-one by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 66 and 81
The least common multiple of 66 and 81 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 66 and 81. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 66 and 81 can be found using the prime factorization of 66 and 81:
- The prime factorization of 66 is: 2 x 3 x 11
- The prime factorization of 81 is: 3 x 3 x 3 x 3
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(66,66) = 1782
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 66 and 81 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 66,81. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 66 and 81
What is the least common multiple of 66 and 81 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/66 and 1/81. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 27 and 22, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 1782, the lcm of 66 and 81.
Properties of LCM of 66 and 81
The most important properties of the lcm(66,81) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(66,81) = lcm(81,66)
- Associative property: lcm(66,81,n) = lcm(lcm(81,66),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 66 and 81 is 1782. In common notation: lcm (66,81) = 1782.
If you have been searching for lcm 66 and 81 or lcm 66 81 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 66 and 81 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including sixty-six / eighty-one by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 66 and 81 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 66 and 81 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.