Table of Contents
The lcm of 67 and 77 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 67 and 77 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 67 and 77. Here you can find the lcm of 67 and 77, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 67 and 77
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 67 and 77, it is 5159. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 67 and 77 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 67 are … , 5092, 5159, 5226, ….
- The multiples of 77 are …, 5082, 5159, 5236, …
- The common multiples of 67 and 77 are n x 5159, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 67 ∩ multiples of 77 the least positive element is 5159.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 67 and 77 is 5159.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 67 and 77, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of sixty-seven and seventy-seven by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 67 and 77
The least common multiple of 67 and 77 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 67 and 77. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 67 and 77 can be found using the prime factorization of 67 and 77:
- The prime factorization of 67 is: 67
- The prime factorization of 77 is: 7 x 11
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(67,67) = 5159
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 67 and 77 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 67,77. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 67 and 77
What is the least common multiple of 67 and 77 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/67 and 1/77. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 77 and 67, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 5159, the lcm of 67 and 77.
Properties of LCM of 67 and 77
The most important properties of the lcm(67,77) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(67,77) = lcm(77,67)
- Associative property: lcm(67,77,n) = lcm(lcm(77,67),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 67 and 77 is 5159. In common notation: lcm (67,77) = 5159.
If you have been searching for lcm 67 and 77 or lcm 67 77 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 67 and 77 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including sixty-seven / seventy-seven by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 67 and 77 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 67 and 77 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.