Table of Contents
The lcm of 94 and 88 is the smallest positive integer that divides the numbers 94 and 88 without a remainder. Spelled out, it is the least common multiple of 94 and 88. Here you can find the lcm of 94 and 88, along with a total of three methods for computing it.
What is the LCM of 94 and 88
If you just want to know what is the least common multiple of 94 and 88, it is 4136. Usually, this is written as
The lcm of 94 and 88 can be obtained like this:
- The multiples of 94 are … , 4042, 4136, 4230, ….
- The multiples of 88 are …, 4048, 4136, 4224, …
- The common multiples of 94 and 88 are n x 4136, intersecting the two sets above,
- In the intersection multiples of 94 ∩ multiples of 88 the least positive element is 4136.
- Therefore, the least common multiple of 94 and 88 is 4136.
Taking the above into account you also know how to find all the common multiples of 94 and 88, not just the smallest. In the next section we show you how to calculate the lcm of ninety-four and eighty-eight by means of two more methods.
How to find the LCM of 94 and 88
The least common multiple of 94 and 88 can be computed by using the greatest common factor aka gcf of 94 and 88. This is the easiest approach:
Alternatively, the lcm of 94 and 88 can be found using the prime factorization of 94 and 88:
- The prime factorization of 94 is: 2 x 47
- The prime factorization of 88 is: 2 x 2 x 2 x 11
- Eliminate the duplicate factors of the two lists, then multiply them once with the remaining factors of the lists to get lcm(94,94) = 4136
In any case, the easiest way to compute the lcm of two numbers like 94 and 88 is by using our calculator below. Note that it can also compute the lcm of more than two numbers, separated by a comma. For example, enter 94,88. Push the button only to start over.
Similar searched terms on our site also include:
Use of LCM of 94 and 88
What is the least common multiple of 94 and 88 used for? Answer: It is helpful for adding and subtracting fractions like 1/94 and 1/88. Just multiply the dividends and divisors by 44 and 47, respectively, such that the divisors have the value of 4136, the lcm of 94 and 88.
Properties of LCM of 94 and 88
The most important properties of the lcm(94,88) are:
- Commutative property: lcm(94,88) = lcm(88,94)
- Associative property: lcm(94,88,n) = lcm(lcm(88,94),n)
The associativity is particularly useful to get the lcm of three or more numbers; our calculator makes use of it.
To sum up, the lcm of 94 and 88 is 4136. In common notation: lcm (94,88) = 4136.
If you have been searching for lcm 94 and 88 or lcm 94 88 then you have come to the correct page, too. The same is the true if you typed lcm for 94 and 88 in your favorite search engine.
Note that you can find the least common multiple of many integer pairs including ninety-four / eighty-eight by using the search form in the sidebar of this page.
Questions and comments related to the lcm of 94 and 88 are really appreciated. Use the form below or send us a mail to get in touch.
Please hit the sharing buttons if our article about the least common multiple of 94 and 88 has been useful to you, and make sure to bookmark our site.
Thanks for your visit.